Monday, July 12, 2010

What's for dinner?


If I have to answer this question one more time, even to myself, I am going to go nuts!
I love good food as much as the next person but I get stuck in the same old stand-bys. In my house that means, spaghetti, tacos, nuggets, swiss chicken, OR hotdogs (ofcourse). My palette is much more broad than this but my cooking skills are not. I mean, I know I could cook a more broad array of dishes but I never seem to have all my "supplies" at one time.
Recently, I was attending a workshop and talking with a colleague of mine who LOVES to cook and bake. She actually made Brandon's last birthday cake (see pic.) We started talking about this company called "The Dinner A'Fare" where you go and make 12 meals, freeze them and then wallah (sp?), you have delicious supper on hand all the time. Sounds cool, huh? You even get to go with friends and prepare the meals, with chefs nearby for guidance, and have a great time as well. My colleague told me about a girl who did this for her friend who was a mother-to-be. Her baby shower was held at this "kitchen" and guests took part in creating the 12 meals and at the end of the shower the mother-to-be had 12 meals to take home and freeze for when busy baby moments came. HOLY COW that would have been nice 2 years ago.....hint, hint if we EVER have another one :)
Has anybody out there ever done this? I think it sounds FANTASTIC and the next time I hear in my head, or out loud, "what's for dinner?" I can say, "It's cooking!"

No comments:

Post a Comment